Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pink Penguin: Envelops and Mailbox Block for Ringo Pie

Ayumi at pink penguin has made up the most awesome of  quilt blocks you must go look at it.

Pink Penguin: Envelops and Mailbox Block for Ringo Pie: "Remember I told you that May is my month in Ringo Pie bee ? Seriously, you have no idea how excited I am about receiving everyone's blocks..."

Ayumi I love how your brain works!

Why I love this... ever since I was a child to get a letter in the mail was always so special. I loved the post cards from places I could dream about and the letters from pen pals that I wrote to from childhood into adulthood. Even now as a woman who spent over 10 years across an ocean from friends and family I appreciated the convience of our modern time of texts and email but cherished the letters that come via the post. I think this is one of the reasons I am enjoy the flickr quilting community with their swaps & bees, it is for the childhood thrill of what is being sent and what is to come via that red box.

1 comment:

  1. Awww you are so nice to take the time to blog about this, Anne-Marie! I too grew up loving receiving anything in the mail. I always had pel pals too. This is the first bee I've ever joined in my life and I can't even tell you how excited I am about receiving everyone's block in mail. I made the block to show this excitement. Checking the mail is something I am looking forward to doing every day too, although nowadays my mail box is usually filled with junk mails and bills.

    By the way, looking at your fox wall hanging really got me into using the pattern to make something. This is such a fun pattern isn't it?! Yours was just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete